Sunday, April 25, 2010

Saskatoon Police Half Marathon (plus weekly notes)



The video is from today's Saskatoon Police Half Marathon -- starting with the tragedy of waking up.




Weekly notes April 19-25
This past week was not good. I am not sure why. Heather was out of town and I was really busy so that is where I will lay the blame. I could not keep my head into training. I was feeling pretty demoralized after today's run. A nap helped and I am in better spirits. In fact, I am right back to feeling confident about 3:30 in five weeks. I made some good race management choices today, I think. Pushing through a couple of rough spots until they passed and I fell back into the groove.

I have been having a lot of hip pain this week (waking up several times every night).

In missed 3 hours on my bike ad 45 minutes swimming. I could not bring myself to ride two hours today after this morning's run and the weather.

I am going to spend some time visualizing a better frame of mind and I look forward to getting back at it tomorrow.

This past week's totals:

SWIM 2:30 (should have been 3:15)
BIKE 2:15 (should have been 5:15)
RUN 3:45
STRENGTH 2:00

Total: 10:30

This is my lightest week in April (by 15 minutes). It sure didn't feel like it. I am feeling beat up. No injury. Just soreness and fatigue.

No comments:

Post a Comment