Friday, April 9, 2010

It's been a great week so far



Tuesday was supposed to be a 90 minute run at 5:30/km. I easily did 90 minutes at 5:11/km with a heart rate of 143/minute. I was very happy with this run. Possibly the best confidence boosting run I have ever had.

Wednesday was supposed to be a 45 minute easy bike. I did 2:15 instead. I REALLY wanted to get in my first highway ride of the year. The Clavet Triangle beckoned and I responded. One has to think that Saskatchewan wind is good preparation for those Penticton hills. Riding into the teeth of a 30 km/h wind for 20 km is like riding up a REALLY long hill.

Fearing the weather forecast I moved my Friday run up to yesterday. It was supposed to be 90 minutes at 5:30/km. Definitely feeling some fatigue, I only managed 5:36/km but at least I got the mileage in.

Sitting here on Friday morning it's cold, wet, and windy -- gusting to 90 km/h. I am glad that I will not be running or biking today because I would not do it. Instead a nice warm swim and trip to the gym seems down right palatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment