Thursday, April 15, 2010

New pool - same faulty nose



Great day today. Sunshine. Cycled -- making up for yesterday's miss due to stomach problems, ran -- slightly shorter than scheduled but close enough, and swam -- in a new pool because my chlorine allergy could not take Lakewood anymore.

I met Coach Paul at Harry Bailey. I swam in the small pool which seems to mostly be the kiddie pool. It feels like swimming in sludge. Only Education feels light and fast. I love saline. Is Harry Bailey any better than Lakewood for me? Uh... sort of, I guess. As I type this (10 pm) only one of my nostrils is completely closed. That's a 50% improvement over Lakewood.

A good swim today. I enjoyed it.

Tomorrow it's one hour of core strength training, 45 minutes swimming, and a mere 30 minutes running. Fortunately, Ralph is coming along for the run tomorrow. He is very concerned that we be able to hydrate properly after the run and he is putting some beer in the fridge. Bravo, sir. Good thinking.

Saw a new low on the scale this morning (well... new since Christmas). 157.7. CalorieCount.com is predicting that I will hit my goal weight of 152 on May 30 -- race day. Hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment