Sunday, May 23, 2010

One week out and confidence is coming back.... a little bit

A couple of days of positive visualization and today’s run have me feeling pretty good again. Basically, as goes my left hip, so goes my attitude.


Today I did a good hour at 5:16/km. Then RAN up the MacPherson hill. I normally do lots of intervals. I have never done much in the way of hills, though. A good heart pounding 1:21 from Sask Cres to Main Street. Woof.

My hip is still a problem but not as bad as it was. And, today’s run was the first in a long time that I started out feeling rested and fresh.

Weekly totals:


Swim 3:05 --
Bike 2:00 – 37.75 km
Run 3:07 – 33 km
Strength – 1:00


9:12 total training time.


When I see that number -- 9:12 -- it seems odd because it feels like I did next to nothing this past week. The coming week calls for a total of just over 4 hours prior to 3:30 on race day. That's like having a nap for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment