Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Just a little windy (and snowy) today...

Today's planned training: Run 4 x 10 minutes at 4:50/km. Ride 90 minutes easy.

Today's weather: 3 degrees, wind NE at 45 gusting to 60 km/h, rain, ice crystals and snow (as you will see in the video, my brain wasn't working right what I was done and I couldn't figure out the wind direction - it was from the NE).

Training I did: As planned. Run was great. For my ride I wore my nice new rain gear (purchase at Bike Doctor about 40 minutes before heading out) and rode some errands around town on my hybrid. You can see the bike route after the video.

Things got a little sketchy when I stopped at the Wall Street Pharmacy to pick up a prescription for my cat -- they custom make a chicken paste -- and my mouth wasn't pronouncing words very well. I didn't feel cold but my face wasn't functional. And, I should have gone with my first instinct and worn heavier gloves.

The big realization of the day is that I might actually win Ironman Canada.



Got lots done... and stayed dry. I actually really enjoyed the ride today although the front left part of my forehead still feels funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment