Sunday, May 2, 2010

Four weeks to the Sask Marathon (the week in review)



Sunday's long ride and run
Today’s ride was supposed to be 2 hours but I only did 100 minutes on my hybrid around town. What difference does wind make? On Friday I did the same route in rain with a horrible North wind . My average speed was 17.5 km/h and today it was 19.9 km/h.

I have a concern about biking. Today’s ride was with an average heart rate of just 118/min. Admittedly I wasn’t working too hard but, sheesh, this is really minimal effort. I am worried that I am training myself to “ride slow.” I think I need to be doing interval work on the bike?

Today’s run was great. I really enjoyed it. And, I continue to be surprised at my heart rate response.

Lap    Time    Pace    Avg Heart
1        58:40    5:15    139 (three brief stops – one for dog duties, two for water)
2        27:58    4:49    153 (two brief stop – one dog and one water -- a bit fast because I ran 4:00/km for the last 500 m trying to catch another runner)

I finished with an ice bath after the run and some foam rollering. I am also very happy with my muslces ability to recover. Even after my longest days I feel pretty good.



Weekly totals:

Event        Time        Distance

Swim        3:15        (this included a times 1200 m at 26:30 for 2:13/100 m)
Bike         5:30        116 km
Run          3:15        36.5 km
Strength    2:00

Total        14:00

I saw my weight dip below 155 lbs this week. I am losing about 3 lbs per month with seems a good, sustainable rate of loss and will put me close to my goal weight of 152 lbs for May 30.

This is my longest week since March 1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment