Monday, May 3, 2010

A blip in my diet and this week's plan



I have been slowly losing a little weight. I am down about pounds in two months. It looks like I will be at my goal of 152 lbs for race day on May 30. That is, provided this sort of incident doesn't happen too many more times.


 Sunday morning I biked 1 hour 40 minutes easy. Then I ran for 1 hour 30 minutes - 60 minute tempo run and 30 min race pace. According to my Garmin watch I burned 2414 calories. Not bad. The problem is that for supper that night I had Little Caeser’s Pizza (I ate a 12” 3-meat-treat by myself) for 2800 calories, had two beer for 300 calories, and had two chicken wings for 100 calories. 3200 calories total! Yeehaw! In one sitting in 10 minutes I consumed more than I burned in three hours and ten minutes. Oh pizza and beer you are my weakness, my Achilles heel, and my passion. How do I love thee? Let me count the toppings...


Today at lunch I had a HUGE plate of Chinese food. I have not felt well all afternoon and evening. I thought it was a migraine but seeing this in print I am thinking, no, it was my diet over the last 24 hours. Burp. New leaf day tomorrow. No. Really. This time for sure.




This week's training plan:

MONDAY: Strength training 60 minutes. Afternoon bike 45 EASY. Evening swim 45 minutes.

TUESDAY: Afternoon run 4 x 10 minutes @ 4:50/km with two minute walk in between. Afternoon bike 90 minutes easy with 5 x 60 second sprints.

WEDNESDAY: Evening swim 45 minutes.

THURSDAY: Afternoon run five repeats of 3 min at 165/minute and 2 min at 5:15/km - 5 min set break - repeat. Swim 60 min with coach Paul.

FRIDAY: Strength training 60 min. Swim 45 min. Bike 60 min EASY.

SATURDAY: Day of rest

SUNDAY: Morning ride 60 min EASY. Run 14 x 1 km @ 4:45/km with 2 min recovery (walk 30 seconds then run 90 seconds at 5:15/km)

No comments:

Post a Comment