Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Training plan for March 29 to April 11

Yesterday at work and throughout the day I felt very good. No real soreness to speak of. I did have an ice-cold-leg-soak immediately after the 2 1/2 hour Sunday run and perhaps it helped.

Then I headed out for yesterday's 30 minute run at 4:30/km. I thought it was going to be no problem. About ten minutes in... PROBLEM. Tired legs. Stopped more than I should have. I found myself stopping to check for cars at every intersection just to get a 15 second break in. I muddled through though.

On today's run, though, full recovery. I really enjoyed today's run. Raj and I ran 10 km at 5:40/km. It sort of amazes me that this has become me easy run pace. Not long ago I would have been working to maintain this pace.

Here is what I am in for over the next two weeks.

Talking with Bruce today, the plan is to do a lot of volume in April and then in May a lot of hard, fast runs and get the volume in on the bike.

Two week training plan

Mon, March 29
Afternoon 30 minutes at 4:30/km.

Tue, March 30
Afternoon 60 minutes at 5:45/km.

Wed, March 31
Afternoon 90 minute bike EASY. Evening 45 minute swim.

Thu, April 1
Afternoon run [3 x 10 minutes at 4:30/km – in between each repeat I can take up to 10 minute break with the first 3 minutes walking and then running at 5:45/km]. Afternoon 60 minute swim with Coach Paul.

Fri, April 2
Morning 60 minute strength training. Afternoon 60 minute bike EASY.

Sat, April 3
DAY OF REST

Sun, April 4
Morning run 3 hours easy.

Mon, April 5
Morning 45 minute bike EASY. Afternoon 60 minute strength training. Evening 45 minute swim.

Tue, April 6
Afternoon run 90 minutes at 5:30/km.

Wed, April 7
Afternoon bike 45 minutes EASY. Evening swim 45 minutes.

Thu, April 8
Afternoon bike [3 or 4 x 10 minutes at 160 + beats/minute with a 5 to 10 minute break in between]. Afternoon 60 minute swim with Coach Paul.

Fri, April 9
Morning 90 minute run at 5:30/km. Afternoon 45 minute swim. Afternoon 60 minute strength training.

Sat, April 10
DAY OF REST

Sun, April 11
Morning run 2 hours at 5:15/km

You know... when I look at this I have trouble believing this is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment