Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I am an idiot. I was very careful to run too slow.

Today's run was supposed to be three repeats of 10 min @ 160-165 beats/min + 5 min recovery run.

Well… I’m an idiot.

Felt really good about today’s run. I had a good nap beforehand. I was rested and strong and enjoyed the run.

I was very, very careful to keep my heart rate as close to possible to 155 beat/min during the three 10 minutes stretches. I got home and uploaded the results only to discover that I was supposed to be running 160 to 165 beats/min. Sheesh. I even checked before leaving to go to Raj’s house. ADD brain set in I guess and by the time I started running I was sure it was supposed to be 155 beats/min.

Looking at the lap times, though, I am pretty happy with my pace relative to my hear rate.

First 10 repeat – pace 5:08/km at 148 beats/min

Second 10 repeat – 5:25/km at 150 beats/min (this was up the University Bridge thus the slower pace)

Third 10 repeat – 5:16/km at 151 beats/min

I like the Tuesday run because it leads in to my day of rest. I do nothing now until tomorrow night at 9 pm when I swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment