Monday, March 1, 2010

Week one training plan

Started the day really sore from yesterday's easy run. That's not good. I will blame this on two weeks of sedentary behavior.

Met with Karen (physio) who feels that my hips are as good as they have been. I concur -- relatively pain free and with as much mobility as I have come to hope for. I will continue to see Karen every couple of weeks. Maybe more often closer to races.

Then I met with Bruce for this week's training plan. He works around my schedule as much as possible.

March 1-7

Monday: 60 minute strength-weight workout, 45 minute swim.
Tuesday: 60 minute run at 5:30/km.
Wednesday: 45 minute swim.
Thursday: Interval run (4 x 6 minute repeats at 4:10/km with a 5 minute recovery in between), 60 minute swim.
Friday: 45 minute swim, 60 minute core-weight workout.
Saturday: 120 minute easy bike stopping three times to run 1 - 2 - 1 km at 4:30/km.
Sunday: 90 minute run at 4:55/km

There are some tough runs this week. The 4 x 6 minute at 4:10 will be awful as will 90 minutes at 4:55 (my Boston Marathon qualifying race pace).

Hannah the Dog remains happy and committed.

EDIT: I did both my workouts today. Good news on the swimming front, I swam 500 M in 11 minutes. Last year at Moe's Triathlon my 500 M time was 14 minutes. 11 is a personal best. I am starting to dream of a 1:30:00 swim at Ironman Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment