Thursday, March 4, 2010

My first hard interval run was... Well, OK I guess

marathon, ironman, training, runningI could not stretch my streak. As of yesterday I had done every scheduled workout for a personal best 4 days. Today, sadly, a hour before my swim coaching session with Paul he called it off because he is ill. I, of course, had a nap instead of swimming. Broken streak.

I did do my first hard interval of this training session. It was... hard. But not as bad as I thought and my confidence is restored. I have not lost as much as I thought. Although this would have been a much easier run back in November I feel that mostly succeeded.

4 x 6:00 at 4:10/km.

1st 4:12 @ 164 beats/min
2nd 4:19 @ 164 beats/min
3rd 4:16 @ 154 beats/min - I think I had a long traffic stop accounting for lower heart rate.
4th 4:25 @ 159 beats/min

I upload all of the information from my Garmin to "Garmin Connect" so that Coach Bruce can see it. This means I am no longer able to round off... Lots of info and even cool pictures are available for his analysis.


Good news on the 2010 racing shirt search. After extensive internet research I have discovered that you can dye polyester. This means that you can tie-dye polyester. This means that my dream running shirt is within reach... I have ordered the appropriate dyes and am searching for the right white shirt. Sugoi has one I like. I am going go see if they have it at Brainsport. Even if they have the same style I can ensure that I like the fit and then get Brian to bring it in for me. I always try to give my business to local people that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment