Sunday, June 13, 2010

Week in review + Three family Bridge City Boogie pre-race meal

Since my failing at the Sask Marathon a couple of weeks ago I have bounced back nicely. Last weekend I enjoyed Moe’s Triathlon. This week I put in some good time and mileage and finished the week strong.

The most exciting part of the week was sharing a race this morning with my whole family!


I did 10 km, Arthur 5 km, Heather and Oliver 2 km.


Weekly totals:
Swim 3:15
Bike 7:00
Run 2:30
Strength 1:00
Total 13:45

The week finished with a long session on Saturday that was stronger than I expected. Saturday night I had too much to eat – all the wrong stuff, bacon, scallops, shrimp, prime rib, chocolate, wine, wine, and wine – but got up on Sunday and ran a personal best 10 km run. 47:15. I ran without looking at my pace one. If you had asked me upon finishing about my time I would have guessed 47:30 as that is what it felt like – pushing to stay faster than my marathon race pace of 4:55/km but not so fast that I wasn’t all but certain that I could maintain. Pre-race I hoped that I could maintain 4:45 and I did.

One bad note from this week -- I appear to have developed a limp. I am not even aware that I am doing it until it is pointed out. I will watch this in the coming days to see if it's an on again off again thing.

Otherwise a good week. My confidence is much restored. I very much look forward to the Chinook Half-Ironman this coming weekend as I am a little bit fitter and a lot smarter than I was a year ago. Like always, I have no particular goal but I am curious to see what I manage. I predict I will be under six hours.
In order of appearance in the video that follows:

Ralph – 10 km 53:42
Raj – 5 km 21:32
Sehjal – 5 km 29:29
Marsha – 2 km 15:11
Heather – 2 km 12:42
Thomas – 2 km 15:10
Arthur – 5 km 28:37
Emily – 2 km 14:13
Oliver – 2 km 12:05
Me – 10 km 47:15

No comments:

Post a Comment