Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My first injury in years

I have been happy to get through almost six months of training – 13 weeks leading up to the Saskatchewan Marathon and 10 weeks heading towards Ironman Canada – without injury. Now in the 11th hour I have suffered a slight injury to my left biceps femoris or maybe my plantaris. I don’t actually know (Karen told me but I can’t remember the name). It hurts pedaling when I pull through the bottom of my stroke. Not a lot. But it’s definitely a minor injury as opposed to fatigue.

Slightly funny coincidence that one of the members of the Learn to Run Clinic was asking me about a possible injury she has. This is not my area of expertise. In fact, it’s sort of the opposite of my area of expertise. My comment was, “I don’t know. Ask someone smarter than me.” Yes, I know, I’m quite a coach.

Actually, as one gets more experience, it’s easy to tell the difference between “stiff and sore” and “injury.” This is definitely a slight injury. I’m not worried about it in the least but with 19 days until Ironman Canada, the training is done and showing up injury free is by long and away the most important thing.

Taper starts early!


My leg getting electrocuted.

No comments:

Post a Comment