Wednesday, August 18, 2010

11th hour Ironman thoughts

Getting close now. I am only 10 days away. I am looking forward to it. I am bored of the training. And, I have missed a lot of training in these past two weeks -- last week with a minor injury and this week with a freakishly busy life. Oof. I am not overly concerned by this, though. I have put in the kilometers over the past six months.



Sitting around tonight parsing the Ironman results from last year in various ways. And, of course, comparing my goals to the field...


Overall median finishing time: 12:50 (my goal is 13 hours which is 163/314 in my division)

Overall median swim time: 1:15 (my goal is 1:40 which is 296/314 in my division)

Overall median bike time: 6:17 (my goal is 6:40 which is 215/303 in my division)

Overall median run time: 5:00 (my goal is 4:40 which is 96/288 in my division)



It seems to me that if the race actually plays out this way then I am doing it right. I was surprised to see that the entire field's median marathon time is five hours. Of course, I will probably be surprised on race dy by how hard it is. It is difficult to imagine going THAT slow. 5 hours is slower then 7:00/km.

I am looking forward to the day.

I am working on some daily, positive visualization. This is my only Ironman. This one has to count.

Of course… I am already 3 hours behind on my training this week… sigh. Life is WAY too busy in the week before going to Penticton.

And, my new white tri-top arrived today. Ripe for tie-dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment