Friday, February 26, 2010

Over the next 14 months, this should finish off my hips

I am meeting with my coach Bruce Craven on Monday. Bruce coached me to a close-call at the Vegas Marathon back in December (3:36:33 -- I need to run 3:30). I think I would have made it if I had been slightly more experienced at the 42.2 km distance.

We have a 13 week training cycle to the Saskatchewan Marathon on May 30. Then another 13 week cycle to Ironman Canada on Aug 29. Six months of hard work.

I am sticking with my Adidas Adistars until May 30. I am interested in converting to an intermediate shoe for Ironman in August(between traditional runner and racing flat). Brian Micasiw at Brainsport had some very excellent advice on this point this week. I will discuss it with Coach Bruce on Monday.

Here is the current plan that I sent to Bruce for his modifications. Basically, from now until Ironman I simply do whatever he tells me to do. I meet with him Monday and I will publish my weekly training plan here.

Dave's "for now" weekly plan:

MONDAY – 60 minutes weights (afternoon) + 45 minutes swimming (late evening)
TUESDAY – 60 minutes running (afternoon)
WEDNESDAY – 45 minutes swimming (late evening) ***I count this as my day off as it is 27 hours since yesterday’s run***
THURSDAY – 60 minutes running (early afternoon) + 60 minutes swimming (later afternoon with coach)
FRIDAY -- 45 minutes swimming (lunch) + 60 minutes core (afternoon)
SATURDAY – 120 minutes cycling at the Fieldhouse. I like stopping to run. This is a good time for interval runs (with bike in between) for me. Usually I do 4 x 1 km @ 4:20.
SUNDAY – Long run.

Bruce is my coach. His wife Karen is my physiotherapist. See them both here:

http://www.cravensportservices.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment